Passenger (wife) Comfort

I also have a Champion Solid axle. I put on an Ultimate Seat with the passenger back rest. It sets up straighter. It makes riding better for my wife. We just go back from Alaska, She rode 5700 miles with me. Since the other 2 ladies could only get 17 days off work all 3 ladies flew home from Anchorage. Not bad for my 70 year young wife. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

The position of your missus's seat relative to the axle is kind of a key. The Roadsmith we have is long and she isn't directly above the axle so the ride is very comfortable for her. Suspension quality is also to be taken into account. RS uses rear shocks and they are pretty decent. She has a Goldwing seat to sit on and arm rests and is by and large happy. Another main issue is the wind buffeting which has to be taken into account for the passenger. Baker mirror wings (on a GL1500A) and a tall shield put her in dead air unless the air wings are repositioned for flow. We sampled a straight axle MotorTrike (also no rake kit) and it was AWFUL. The guy wanted to almost give it away as his wife wouldn't ride with him. It was tiring to steer. Bad conversion. We sampled a Champion conversion with straight axle and EZ steer and it was really very nice riding. Hannigan and Roadsmith are known for good rides. I have never been on a CSC because of their driveshaft issues.
Does CSC still have driveshaft issue?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back